Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dear Dad,

When you tried to teach me the value of money,
I accused you of being stingy…

When you tried to teach me the value of a good education and hard work,
I accused you of being patronizing…

When you tried to teach me to be content with what I had,
I accused you of not being ambitious…

When you tried to teach me that there is always a right way to do things,
I accused you of being domineering…

And when you tried to teach me not to accuse others when something went wrong,
I accused you of never recognizing the things I did right…

Thank you dad, for teaching me the things you did,
The most valuable lessons in life…

3 comments:

anumita said...

lightly mushy...almost fearing to sound like an archies greeting....but then relationships are always a bit mushy....good read...short and sweet...!!!

Neo said...

sniff... sniff...
Atleast one daddy gonna be proud of his son!! ;P
Good on ya, mate!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you're back to serious writing! Great writers never stop giving me things to read...